Sender:
From:
Jack Lydick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 12:14:50 -0500
I am looking for information on what policies companies have in place
governing electronic signatures.  Our first concern is primarily in the
realm of mass mailings where a TIFF image of a signature can be imported
into a document so that the director does not have to sign 254 identical
documents.  It looks like 21 CFR 11 requires certain things such as
including the printed name of the signer, date and time of the
signature, and the meaning associated with the signature.  Later we will
have to tackle true digital signatures; but right now a policy for TIFF
signatures would greatly assist our business processes.

Does anyone have an established policy they could share with me
governing this type of signature?  I would appreciate any help or
sources you could provide.

Jack Lydick
Records Retention Manager
Texas Association of Counties