Sender:
From:
"White, Bruce" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:36:31 -0700
Douglas P. Allen said:
>Hi, Angique!  ;-)...... Shocking news.... I brought my wife, the
long->suffering Joan Allen to Conference this year.  You shoulda been
there!!!!

I was in Chicago for the weekend but had to leave early yesterday morning
and return to the office.  A great town, that is for sure.  Those of you who
couldn't attend the listserve party missed a real treat.  The Billy Goat
Grill lived up to the hype - a loud, smoke filled hole in the wall with
greasy burgers and plenty of drink.  A good time for all who attended.

Many of the listserve "usual suspects" were in attendance, including PK,
Larry M., and Hugh Smith, just to name a few.  Mr. "I Hate Paper" Whitaker,
who everyone anticipated meeting, was AWOL as was Patrick C., who suggested
the Billy Goat in the first place.

Patrick was busy with ARMA stuff I guess, so he had an excuse.  Whitaker is
a different story.  There were a number of sightings of him in the area.
But I guess the timing of the party coincided with his bedtime.  You snooze,
you lose, as they say.

Anyway, not too soon to plan for next year's in San Antonio.  My vote is for
Dirty Nellie's, an Irish pub on the Riverwalk, located a couple of blocks
from the conference hotel.  Not as greasy as the Billy Goat, but just as
loud.  In addition, peanuts are free and they don't care if you throw the
shells on the floor.

Bruce L. White, CRM, PMP
619-696-4671
619-696-2534 (Fax)