Sender:
From:
Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:35:25 -0500
Let's have a brief discussion on E mail systems being a formal "System of
Record".  I know that it's basically a communication tool but since you
create the E mail in the E mail system is it then the system of record. If
you move the E mail to another repository (With Metadata) is the
repository then considered the system of record ?  Is an E mail even a
record before you send it or is that what makes it not the record system.
I'm being told by legal that E mail systems are being named systems of
record by the courts- Examples?  I'm trying to do some research, looked at
the archives and am having trouble gleaning the answer.  I need help from
the combined wisdom of the list.

Thanks

Steve Petersen CRM
Sr. Records Administrator