Sender:
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 10:17:10 -0800
From:
Bernard Chester <[log in to unmask]>
Ray:

My answer is similar to Doug's.  We see this as a requirement on a number of
projects.  So it is a filter that one must be able to pass.

I believe that it is misunderstood.  I have always heard that it looks to
certify someone who has been working with image capture for about one year.
Most consulting projects where the CDIA+ is a requirement are really looking
for a great deal more experience and exposure.  The fact that it does not
have any prior experience requirement may make it easier to administer, but
also easier to get.  (I contrast it with CMC, CRM, PMP, EDP, MIT, which all
have experience requirements.)

Do you remember the issue about whether the SAT tests corresponded with the
student's ability to handle college course work?

Of course, my bias may be that I took it after a number of years and
projects involving imaging, without any preparation, and passed it first
shot.  What was easy for me may be more challenging to others.

Bernard Chester, CDIA+, EDP, ICP, AIIM MIT
Principal
IMERGE Consulting, Pacific Northwest Office
7683 SE 27 Street, #316
Mercer Island, WA   98040
(office) 206-230-9253
(cell) 206-979-7389