Sender:
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 18:21:56 -0600
From:
mwhaider <[log in to unmask]>
Hi John,
I'm glad you joined the discussion because this seems to point us to the
issue of applying retention to electronic documents in an electronic
document management system.  I believe that one of the "benefits" of an EDMS
is to eliminate the duplicate copies and keep only one copy of each
document.  This is great, but I think it requires a very careful retention
analysis of each document so we retain the document to meet each and/or all
purposes of the document.  Or do we allow each recipient of the document to
file/register/declare the record under the retention code that applies to
their purpose?  If that is the plan, then we have defeated the benefit of
eliminating copies.

Any thoughts?
Mary

Mary W. Haider