Sender:
From:
Laura Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 08:22:26 -0500
Good suggestion I am trying to involve my group of Writer/editors and
correspondence analyst in the choice of their new document management/
correspondence tracking/ records management system.  I am using function
requirements rating tools such as worksheets with mandatory and optional
forms of scoring techniques.  It is hard to get some of them to work
though.  Some don't even open emails.

Does anyone know how to proceed once we have rated the requirements
mandatory or optional.  I am also trying a scoring technique of
capabilities that all SW programs should have to be acceptable with
scores of 4 or lower once I rate the requirements offered (those such as
Windows and internet access, etc.)  I have mentioned doing a pilot test
too and my supervisor seems to think that is good.  Its hard judging a
system for use by approximately 300 folks with a team of only 6 so I
plan on inviting some of the other users to view a demo of some of the
applications we look at.  Any other thought?

Ms. Laura F. Bell
DOT Directives & Records Management
Office of the Secretary of Transportation
202-366-9761