Sender:
From:
Laura Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:26:03 -0500
Amy in government some organizations are very strict with a sign out
sheet and others are very lax as when you just turn in your badge and
the security person wipes you off the phone roster, as I did today.  I
think the best way is to have a check out sheet where you sign out of
your email, turn over your badges that let you into secure places and go
thourgh the appropriate IM folks to discontinue your access to any web
accounts to shared filing areas.

You may also want to state something to the effect that only certain
files can be taken with you when you leave (i.e. only personal) or
whatever you policy is.  Some high grade folks seem to think that their
information is what they created and they like to take some of their
significant work with them.  Assistance on that policy should probably
be on NARA's website (on personal files).

Ms. Laura F. Bell
DOT Directives & Records Management
Office of the Secretary of Transportation
202-366-9761