Sender:
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 08:53:07 -0800
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
On 2/23/06, Belrose, Sharon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> W e are reviewing storage of our files containing HIPPA and other
> confidential records. I have been advised that any files containing HIPPA
> documents must be stored in a locked area. I would appreciate hearing from
> others regarding the storage of these files. Do you have a separate are
> designated for these files? Do you tape the boxes shut with security tape?

Although it is great in its breadth and depth, it isn't HIPPA (like HIPPO)
it's HIPAA... a common error.

You'll find everything you wanted to know (and more!) about the regulations
here:

http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/hipaa/

And if you use third party providers for processing, imaging, storage or
shipping, make sure you pay attention to the "Business Associates Agreement"
link on this page.

Larry
--
Larry Medina