Sender:
From:
"Roach, Bill J." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:08:16 -0600
>>LE 500 Mr Super MICROFILM to save the day...Rene Dagron, was granted
the first patent for microfilm in 1859 so it is only 147 year young.<<

Sorry, but I can not pass up so great an opportunity ;^)

If the first patent for microfilm was granted in 1859 and we bet on
500LE, we are betting that our film will last 3.40 times as long as the
technology has been around.

At the same time, we scoff at the notion that CD's will last a hundred
years.  After all, they are new and undependable.  But if we do the math
using the same information as used for microfilm the picture changes.
The first patent for CD's was granted to James Russell in 1965.  A 100LE
would put hedge our bets at only 2.4 times as long as the technology has
been around.

In layman's terms, if I were a bookie and we were talking about media
alone, a bet on film is 42 percent riskier than a bet on CD.

Bill R.

"I know its not Friday but am sending this anyway."