Date:
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 17:08:24 -0500
From:
Maarja Krusten <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Comments:
Thanks, I can see that information held outside an office record keeping system might be considered evidence if it is pertinent to a matter under inquiry.  For example, in another setting, I remember Josh Steiner, a young Clinton administration Treasury Department official, got in trouble for what he had written in his diary.  And took some heat for trying to explain at a hearing around 1994 that what he wrote in his contemporaneous diary was not accurate.

I'm mostly just interested in how document production requests are worded.  And why the issue of convenience copies seems to generate so much more debate than it did in the paper based days.  Of course, the "problem" might be me, having first worked for 14 years as an archivist and for the last 16 years as an historian, I just don't have the background in records management that most of the rest of you do!

Thanks for the response!

Maarja