Sender:
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:29:28 -0800
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
> > Oh well, even if it was, this is some good news from the wonderful
> > world of technology press... Perhaps Larry Medina is ghostwriting for
> > this guy or they have finally taken heed of our various editorial
> > replies.

> Great article! and if you want to thank the author here is information

Sigh... *clearing a lump from my throat and wiping a tear from my eye*  Not
ghost writing for him, but I'd be willing to =)  I only ghost wrote one
recently, and it was for Enterprise Storage Forum.... I was quoted (along
with Julie Gable), but the content was mostly mine.

Yeah, this is what we're looking for more of from the guys who have been
trying to tell people what we've been saying for decades.  It's not a
product, it's a process... it's not a concept, it's  business practice.

I found it interesting this appeared as an opinion piece in Computerworld,
because as Patrick mentioned, I've had a host of blog entries on this same
subject in Computerworld since last September.
http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/blog/45

The most recent one on ILM cited a survey that as many as 42% of the SNIA
end user community were at odds about what ILM was supposed to be/represent.

Maybe we'll get a few more of the IT folks starting to come around and we
can take back what ILM is all about and they can start working on how to
provide the level of service and support appropriate for the information
being managed for the owning organizations as an asset to the overall
organization. As stated before, when the model is based on "bottom line cost
of managing information", it's missing the mark.

Larry
--
Larry Medina
Danville, CA