Sender:
From:
Gary Vocks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 10:12:26 -0600
Excellent point!  It's what I had in mind when I said "rationale behind
deciding to migrate a particular record series from paper" but you said it
much better.

Case in point, we had one department that wanted us to scan a certain record
series consisting of work order forms.  The record series had a fairly short
term retention and had virtually no retrieval activity.  I declined to
accept this as a valid scanning project as the department could offer no
good reason as to why they needed to have the forms scanned.  Had they been
able to demonstrate a valid business benefit to the scanning my decision may
have been different.

Gary Vocks