Sender:
From:
Bob Nawrocki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:02:23 +0000
As an ARMA graybeard, both literally and figuratively I find the discussion
of our annual election turnout interesting.

First, we need to remember that membership confers the right but not the
obligation to vote. Quite simply, like all the elections in our lives,
people will vote when they either have a concern or a vested interested in
voting. If they either perceive that things are ok or they feel powerless to
effect change they won't vote.

Secondly I agree with the statement that we have to push information about
the election out there. Frankly the ARMA site is increasingly difficult to
use, with information being found under multiple layers that are not always
intuitive.

Third I am very pleased to see that the candidate forum will not be against
any competing programs. This needs to be continued for future conferences.
One complaint I often hear is that there is never enough time and that
questions are not always answered. So the more time that can be provided for
those who are interested in the election the better.

Fourth I agree with the comment that the election is to long. Additionally
the amount of time to vote is too long. If you put it off because you've got
plenty of time to vote most likely you will forget and not vote.

Having experience with leadership positions on all levels I can say that
while I may not always agree with what our leadership does I admire and
salute anyone who is willing to serve on any level but especially on the
International level. Thank you for your service.

Robert F. Nawrocki CRM
Innovate and Infuriate
My opinions are my own and not my employers.