Sender:
From:
"Gervais, JohnA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:11:46 -0400
In case some of you are interested:

Almost 200 people from the Government of Canada IM community attended the first MGI Policy Fund Day on January 27th 2006, at the Ottawa Congress Centre.

The purpose of the day was to share and showcase results of Intake I Information Management (IM) Projects funded by the Management of Government Information Policy Implementation Fund.

The following segments of the day are now available via audio cast and HTML text, in both official languages, at http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/im-gi/mgiday06jourgig/gmipfdw-jfpgigdw/menu_e.asp:

-	Welcoming Remarks from Hélène Valin, Senior IM Analyst, TBS
-	Opening Address by Jim Alexander, Acting CIO for the Government of Canada
-	Lunch Address by Nikolas Florakas, Director General, TBS Organizational Readiness Office
-	IM Learning and Awareness Panel Discussion (Various speakers)
-	Best Practices and Lessons Learned Panel Discussion  (Various speakers)
-	Audience Participation Segment, led by Chris Molinski, Director General, Technology and IM Services, Transport Canada.

In addition, there are pictures to browse of the plenary and of the 19 projects' information kiosks.

If you were able to attend, we hope you found the day beneficial.  And we invite everyone to use and share these audio casts.

Information on the MGI Policy Implementation Fund, and a list of Intake I and Intake II projects, can be found at http://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/im-gi/implement/mgi-gig_e.asp.  Should you wish information on any of the projects or the Fund, please email [log in to unmask]