Sender:
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:08:53 -0500
From:
mwhaider <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Cheryl,
Only your organization can decide if it is necessary to spend money to
restore the records and information lost due to your power outage. This is a
risk management decision:  the cost of the restoration vs the cost of
potential loss for not having the information for operational or legal
purposes.

This is not unlike any other disaster - ie. hurricane, tornado, flood etc.
Disasters will happen that supersede our best plans for protection.  It
sounds as though you may have a good inventory of the records and
information still residing in your old system.  If you decide against the
restoration effort, I suggest you document/inventory the records and
information lost and identify the cause and date of the loss.  This
information should be retained in the same way you retain your disposal
information.
Thanks Mary

Mary W. Haider, CRM
Records & Information Manager