Sender:
From:
Barbara Compton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2006 16:29:22 -0400
I am taking the practitioner bundle and am almost through with it.  I
really like the presentation and the delivery (I'm doing it on line).
The instructors are English so it's kind of cool listening to that
delightful accent.  The slides and handouts are very good.

I've been a records manager longer that I want to admit and I've taken
some pretty strange rm classes so I tend to be a bit skeptical going in.
But I've used products from AIIM before and was quite satisfied so I
gave it a try.

These are the things I like:
Although it's an electronic records class they tie in other media when
necessary.
Records management fundamentals are clearly explained, often with a
twist that I had not thought about.
There is a nice, logical, well thought out train of thought (which
should apply to all rm'rs).
It has an international perspective that is very helpful.
They pull no punches about there being no silver bullets or easy
answers.
I have some very practical hands on things to do when I finish - it's
not just theory.
I have sent questions (feedback) to them after several modules and get
almost instant answers.
I only have to hold my breath a few seconds after I hit "Grade Exam".

So far I would say that it has:
Verified that I do know what I thought I knew
Taught or clarified some things I had heard about but not really
explored
And the further I get through the modules, the better I feel about my
overall body of knowledge.