Sender:
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2006 11:13:40 -0600
From:
Jesse Wilkins <[log in to unmask]>
To address Bill's point, I know that AIIM (Association for Information and
Image Management) did the same thing several years ago and almost nobody
tries to break out the acronym anymore. Everyone refers to AIIM as AIIM.

When I speak to groups, whether AIIM/ARMA chapters or broader, more general
audiences, I use "AIIM International/AIIM" and "ARMA International/ARMA". If
they ask for details on what each does, I respond that AIIM deals with
enterprise content management, including the technologies and processes for
capturing, managing, storing, preserving, and delivering information. With
ARMA, I respond that it is a professional association for records and
information management professionals and best practices, or simply, "The
records management association".

Your mileage may vary. *Most* people don't know what either one does and
they certainly don't know what the acronyms used to stand for.

Jesse Wilkins
CDIA+, EDP, LIT/ERM, ICP, ECMs, ERMs
IMERGE Consulting
(303) 574-1455 office