Sender:
From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 07:27:46 -0700
You might search the List archives and see if there are any postings of "Records Management Horror Stories". We do these every couple years and there are always some great ones out there.

 A couple of things for your presentation:

 A standard records box filled to the top with microfiche weighs 62 pounds. It is very unpleasant to pull that off a shelf above your head.

 If you have a few thousand boxes in storage, you can do the, "if we laid all of our boxes out end to end, they would stretch from here to..." (it's 4224 records boxes to the mile)

 In lieu of boxes, measure all your records shelving.

 Patrick Cunningham, CRM