Sender:
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2006 14:16:11 -0600
From:
Sharon Blackstock <[log in to unmask]>
Hello O Mighty Ones,
I see by searching the archives that you all have conversed about this subject a couple of times, but it's been a few years, so here goes:

We have a new Risk Manager who is reviewing the city's property insurance coverages and has asked me if our current $850,000 limit on "Valuable Papers" is sufficient. I've been here nearly 10 years and no one's ever asked me that, but I see that many of you have discussed it in your organizations. The only specific suggestion I found on the listserv for how to make this determination was a comment in 2003 about a county organization that estimated the cost of photocopying every document in the organization. I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to recommend. And yes, we have a vital records program that includes document imaging and some offsite storage, plus daily backup of electronic data and offsite storage of tapes. But, my guess is that the most "valuable" documents lost will be those sitting on everyones' desks when the building goes up in flames.

Suggestions anyone?  Thanks in advance for your sage advice.

Sharon G. Blackstock, CRM
Central Records Administrator
Lakewood City Clerk's Office
480 S. Allison Pkwy, Lakewood CO 80226-3127
Direct: 303-987-7091  Fax: 303-987-7088
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.lakewood.org