Sender:
From:
"Allen, Sandra" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 08:54:08 -0300
John - I am another one who will read a couple of pages on the screen
but any long documents I print out.  They still have not made a computer
yet that has the look and feel of paper, or the fact that even though
annotations are available, sitting in a meeting with just a laptop is
much more difficult than that report, or paper to make my notes on.

I too believe in electronic documents and we are using them more and
more, however, no long term solutions have come across my desk yet that
deals with anything other than migration, migration, migration.  How
much does it cost an organization to continue with this practice until
the cost becomes so much of an issue that we begin loosing more and more
info because the costs begin to outweigh the importance of maintaining
the documents.  I truly believe a lot of historical information will be
gone over the next few years until we get this all figured out!

Sandra Allen
Records Management Supervisor
NB Power
Fredericton, NB