Sender:
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 21:49:59 -0500
From:
"Roach, Bill J." <[log in to unmask]>
>>ISO 15489 sect 7.2.4 speaks to the INTEGRITY of the record in terms of
being unalterable.<<

We must be using different ISO 15489's.  Mine says nothing about any
requirement for records to be "unalterable".  It says:

7.2.4
"The integrity of a record refers to its being complete and unaltered."

It goes on to say that "any authorized annotation, additional or
deletion to a record should be explicitly indicated and traceable."

Two things that indicates to me.  First, the document should be
protected from unauthorized alterations, not stored in an "unalterable"
format.  Second, it is assumed by the standard that documents often need
to be altered.  Alterations are acceptable as long as they meet
organizational RM policy and that both the changes and the individual
who made the change can be identified in the future.  Both of these
requirements are easily met using our ECM solution without the use of
WORM or unalterable formats.

Bill R

Bill Roach, CRM
Enterprise EDMS Coordinator