Sender:
From:
"Gervais, JohnA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 2006 13:09:51 -0400
Good bless you all too and thanks for your good wishes.  A few minutes ago two of my records management colleagues and I were coming back from lunch and a lady got out of her vehicle and locked it.  She then left the vehicle, parked illegally I will add, and went inside a building.  I guess it is a standard shift because it wasn't in gear and started rolling.  We tried to stop it but it was feet away from hitting a truck, so we jumped back out of the way.  Needless to say, it crashed into the truck.  The poor innocent truck driver came out of the same building, who was parked legally, seen this car up his rear (bumper) to be politically correct and didn't know what to do.  We explained to him what had transpired and he took our names.

Meanwhile the lady returns with a huge box and looks at her car and starts yelling at the truck driver.  We seen enough of this and tried to explain to her that it was her fault.  She told us to (insert expletive here).  So why am I telling you this you might ask?  It has nothing to do with records management does it?

It has everything  to do with our previous posts.  It has to do with kindness, tolerance for our differences, being thankful and what my Dad tried to teach me when I was younger (now I understand), humility.  This lady had none of these.  As we go through our daily records management day, it behoves us to not only be professional, ethical and up-to-date on all things RM, but to walk in the footsteps of our spiritual leader, whomever that may be (now wasn't that politically correct, smile).

You are all a wonderful, intelligent, eclectic, professional and caring group. I am blessed that you allow me to be a part of your day. Also for allowing me to share my experiences, expertise and personal thoughts.  Thanks again to you all and for sharing your knowledge and expertise with me each and every day.  I look forward every day to opening my e-mail to see what I can learn from you today!

In closing, I don't personally think in this politically correct world we say thank you enough.  So that is my wish on my countries birthday, that we all take a moment and be thankful.  Thankful for each other and especially to those who are fighting for a better world, democracy and freedom overseas.

Happy Canada Day and Happy Independence Day!!

Hot Dog on the Barbie, Cold Beer, Family and Good Friends!

John

John A. Gervais
Program Manager
Policy and Guidelines Section
Information Policy and Governance Division
Statistics and Information Management Directorate
Corporate Strategies and Business Development Branch
Canada Revenue Agency
320 Queen St., Place de Ville, Tower A, 6th Fl.,
Ottawa, ON, Canada, K1A 0L5
Tel: 1-613-946-0245
Facsimile: 1-613-941-9649
E-mail: mailto:[log in to unmask]