Sender:
From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 14:23:35 -0400
<As with any other resource, I think the key is to use Wikipedia as a
good,
reasonably accurate resource - and find at least one other resource that
agrees with the nature of the point being researched.>

I agree with Jesse on this.  Good research always relies on multiple
sources, hopefully supporting or agreeing with each other, rather than
only one source.  If an entry in Wikipedia or even the Encyclopedia
Britannica is not in agreement with other sources, than I would go with
the majority of the sources and not use the "pedia" source in toto.  I
spent too many years trying to get the Encyclopedia Britannica to
correct its erroneous entry on "microfilm" and "microfiche" to fully
trust just one source.  8-)

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager