Sender:
From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:55:20 -0400
Trudy,

There are a number of conversion tools available that allow for conversion
between .tif and .pdf.  However, if any "full text search" need is
anticipated in the future, I would opt for an initial OCR, OR for an initial
conversion to a searchable .pdf.  Given that, I would not recommend using
OCR and full text search as a replacement for a good index for the
documents, although I've seen some prospects and customers who seem to THINK
of that as a good idea.

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+