Sender:
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 09:34:48 -0700
From:
Lisa Shimamura <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Chuck - I have been through this before.  We ended up with an
automated process that required Legal and any others who needed to issue a
Records Hold Order to add the data to an on-line database that was
accessible through an online form on the RM website. This was password
protected and all record administrators, department record coordinators, and
managers were allowed access.  They were only presented data that they were
authorized to see.  For example, based on their department or business unit.

I am dealing with the same issue at a new employer - "certain holds may be
of such sensitive nature that we would not want it broadly available. This
sort of information should be on a needs to know basis."  We are talking
about developing the same sort of system as noted above.  We are also
looking at the possibility of utilizing a more advanced software application
in the future that is designed for managing the records hold process.

Good Luck.

Lisa S. Shimamura, CRM
310-615-1733