Sender:
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 11:35:45 -0400
From:
Mike Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Steve,

A key factor here is cost. There is the obvious expense of migrating
disparate records into a single secure repository. In some instances, this
may not be cost effective. Many organizations are addressing such concerns
with an "intelligent search" solution.

Next generation search tools layer a knowledge model (KM) over these
disparate records management systems. The rules / controls associated with
business specific records management are configured in the knowledge model.
The intelligent search engine spiders all records sources on a continuous
basis and creates an index. Any properly authorized user can query the
search engine, be profiled and then directed to the specific record(s)
regardless of  location. I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Mike Johnson
Solutions Development Manager

WaveTech Systems