Sender:
From:
John Annunziello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2006 13:57:15 -0400
"I once again hear these terms, "enterprise wide document
management."

I may be barking up the wrong tree on this, but I believe that "enterprise
wide"  means that the solution is for the whole organization.  The
industry has come out with many different names of systems which perform
the same functionality, but which are different in name like content
management or enterprise management.  Some systems are to manage records
or documents or both but nothing else.

Our EDRMS is "enterprise wide".  Rather than just looking at a solution
solely from the records area, our EDRMS has document and records
management, workflow, forms management, image management, mapping and
knowledge management built into it.  I believe this is what enterprise
is...it affects all areas of an organization, it is not just records
related.

John Annunziello
Manager, Records and Information
Toronto and Region Conservation Authority

"Information is a corporate, strategic asset that needs to be managed"