Sender:
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2006 12:20:23 -0700
From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Gus,

Enterprise is a starship.

Managing an orgainzation wide records program is what we are talking about.
Regardless of what buzz word or term is thrown out the ERMS is only one tool
available to us. It should be able to meet your individual needs, whether it
is making sure that AP is managed in an electronic format, available 24-7
world wide, or a paperless operation. There are tools out there that you can
use, or tailor, to your specific needs. The first thing I would recommend is
you determine what those needs are. When you discuss it with the vendords be
sure to tell them what you are requiring. It really "should" be us that
deternines the system requirements an operating parameters, not the vendors.
If you can't find a solution that fis your needs then you should not apply
this tool to the function. Keep in mind the world is passing us by and the
days of being able sail the seven seas in total control of all you survey is
gone. COSO, COBIT, ANSI and all the rest have come in and if you ain'y doin
it right they will sink your ship.

As for "popular".....

Chris Flynn