Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 02:37:26 -0400
From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
I will be in Austin on the 25th of August so I am game.  But I have
already eaten at all these so it would just be pre-gaming for me.  But
I will meet you and Bob there to be sure there has been no run off in
quality. :~)

But the fun of the All you can Eat is still hard to beat and nobody can
beat their ribs and extras.

I went into County Line in Austin and took a good friend who fell in
love with it.  But he was afraid he wouldn't get enough to eat?  Go
figure!  So he orders the All you can eat Five meat platter (Brisket
which many will experience for the first time in SA in its true form,
bar b q'ed for 24 hours of slow smoke with spices, chicken, sausage,
ribs and turkey if you want it.)  But he then orders an extra Rib
Platter.

So our waitress (who was about 80 pounds and with a heavy accent) says
"It eeeze all you can eat!  You can't eat no more!  That's all!"  And
the young lady was right.

Plus this List needs to see Larry medina and Peter Kurilecz at a
restaurant where the meat never stops. In Chicago we paid $32.00 or so
to go into a coma.  I went off and left my suit jacket.  Peter saved me
though!  But at County Line it is $17.00 or $18,00 for the same
overdose.  Plus the petite young ladies among us can order smaller
platters and home made ice cream and be ready to call 911.  Great
Times!  But I will go anywhere with this group.

Hugh

> From:    Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Hugh,  Research has told me the best BBQ in San Antonio is the original
> Rudy's location on the North side.  But I will be willing to make the
> tour
> to make my own decision.  Who else is in?
>
> Steve Petersen CRM
> Records Manager
> Rockwell Collins Inc
> 319.295.5244