Sender:
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 2006 08:45:25 -0500
From:
"Roach, Bill J." <[log in to unmask]>
>>I would recommend that a verification process be established to ensure
index accuracy.<<

I agree that a verification process is necessary, regardless on the
expected accuracy rate.  We use Cardiff TeleForm for automating our
metadata capture from images.  We have forms where handprint character
capture accuracy is far above the 97% range.  We have others where it is
not nearly so good.  It depends not so much on the quality of the OCR as
on the quality of the handprint.  We do use lots of validations and
lookups to insure data quality and reduce the number of fields we have
to capture.  Many of our documents are captured using a single value to
create a half dozen or more metadata properties.

Cardiff was the original developer of using voting of multiple engines
to improve accuracy.  They called the technology TriCR.  We have
multiple systems in place and find it very powerful.

Bill R

Bill Roach, CRM
Enterprise EDMS Coordinator
State of North Dakota