Sender:
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:28:35 -0700
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
On 7/25/06, bobd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> When I read the original message I thought of the 8 pamphlets produced and
> sold via the ARMA bookstore that have great messages that a company records
> manager could use to advertise RIM.

That is until you read the content in these "pamphlets".

Maybe I shouldn't get started on this subject, because there will be
hellfire and brimstone spurting in no time flat....

It's a shame they have to make a $$ on the product as it would have been a
> great marketing tool for the membership, who
> pay dues, if they could download the pamphlet's and modify them to meet
> their specific company environment.

It's MORE of a shame the content wasn't vetted by some professional Records
Managers!!!  MODIFY is the operative word here... I'd personally be ashamed
to send these around my organization as examples of what a RIM Program is
supposed to be offering to their organization.  If I did, I think I'd
deserve the consequences...

The messages are great and I have passed on to some of my clients to further
> their exposure to RIM.

GULP.... bite your tongue, Larry... you don't want to go there....

Also, I attended a couple of poster sessions given by Laurie Carpenter at
> the last couple of ARMA conferences that would
> also meet your needs.  I'm sure she is reading this and perhaps she will
> pass her information on.

On this subject, I would be in 100% agreement with my colleague, Mr.
Dalton.  Laurie has some great ideas and concepts for promoting RIM within
your organization, and all of them are based in sound practices and
principles, unlike the other items mentioned above...

Larry

--
Larry Medina
Danville, CA