Sender:
From:
John Lovejoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:10:19 +1000
Graham

Usually you don't get Windows to do this. You can use something called "Windows Scripting Host", but the results can be crude if you want repeatabilty.  Some of the applications downloaded (usually unknowingly) off the internet contain very elaborate key logging functionality, but this is usually used by naughty people who want to get your credit card and banking details for their own nefarious purposes.

You can, however, get some applications to record a "macro" which can be replayed.  The best examples are those in Microsoft Word and Excel using Visual Basic for Applications (VBA). They can range from the very simple, mindless repetition, to extremely complex 'application within an application' scenarios.

So, you should see what the particular application you are using has to offer in the way of macros.  Then explore how you can use the language to program your solution.

John Lovejoy
My own views, not my employers