Sender:
From:
"Seibolt, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 11:07:09 -0500
I have heard that a definition of retaining a record for "forever" was
defined somewhere as 500 years by a state legislature or state archives
retention manual. I cannot find any citation but have heard references
for them associated with California and Virginia.

Does anyone out there in Listserv land know where I can find a US state
or federal citation defining a time span regarding a retention period of
"forever" or "permanent"? I know 500 years is believed to be the
lifespan of high-quality microfilm but I was not able to find an actual
retention period from any US government body defining "permanent".

Rob Seibolt

This message is intended exclusively for the individual or
entity to which it is addressed.  This communication may contain
information that is confidential, proprietary, privileged or
otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
facsimile, e-mail or phone and delete all copies of the message.