Sender:
From:
Jason C Stearns/NYLIC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 2006 16:29:53 -0400
Hello all:

We are reviewing/developing disposition procedures for information and
records that are maintained in whole or in part in a variety of databases
and systems.

For stand alone systems, we feel this is a pretty straight forward issue.
For more complex systems with interdependencies on/to other systems,
databases, applications, etc., this becomes a potentially daunting task.
Complicating this further, when many of these systems were brought on line
RIM considerations (specifically deletion of information) were not
factored in and doing so may cause stability/usability problems.

Is anyone else tackling this issue?  Are there any good resources out
there for more information?

Thanks,

Jason C. Stearns
Assistant Vice President - Records Management
Business Resilience Department

New York Life Insurance Company
51 Madison Avenue - Room 1116
New York, NY 10010