Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:01:50 -0400
From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
I am traveling to Ireland on the 18th and will return on the 21st.  Is
there an ARMA Chapter in Dublin?  Are there some members of the
Listserv that might want to go out to a pub talk about the differences
in the Irish approach to world trends versus what I know from America?
Since Ireland has become the digital capital of the UK and Europe to
some degree, I would love to talk about how that effects their methods.

In Mexico, since RIM developed simultaneously to their entry into high
tech computers, I find they are very advanced in their digital records
management.  I watched Monterrey go from 20 years behind us to even in
one year. Ireland is home to some of the most sophisticated IT centric
companies and I want to see what effect that presents for countries
that make rapid transitions in technology.

I am going to be over there for an Open House on a new cutting edge
records center ( Filestores) which has one of our vaults and other
advanced technology that has a strategy to take advantage of Dublin's
position as the cutting edge of the Digital Frontier.  (But even as I
mention the Digital Frontier I find myself breaking into
song....."Davy, ...Davy Crocket........King of the Wild Frontier!" )

Plus I find it hard to believe that Irish Records Managers can drink
several pints of Guiness and still throw darts accurately?  So there is
a lot about Irish Records Management I don't understand?  I would like
to meet and hold a mini Listserv in an Irish Pub for my upcoming book
"RIM in the Ol' Sod Digital Frontier."  Well it might just be a
pamphlet if they get me playing darts.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134