Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 01:20:41 -0400
From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
> chapter had its inaugural meeting on June 29 of this year=20
> (http://www.rms-gb.org.uk/sigs/ireland).
>
> Hugh, best of luck with your *pub*lication!
>
> Cheers,
> Taina Makinen

Thanks Taina, I sent them an email.  I sent them a message but they may
think I am weird for doing so.

Oh wait, I want to retract that as Larry is already creating the clever
retort.  Well you can imagine??

> There are those who might suspect that you're going there to get a
> "booster shot" from the Blarney Stone... <grin>
>
> ARMA does not have a Chapter in Ireland. You could go to the My ARMA
> section of the ARMA website and look for members who reside in Ireland.
> (Unfortunately, there is only one.)
> Patrick Cunningham, CRM

This will be my third booster although several members of my family
implore me not to visit it again.  Plus I am running out of people I
trust to hold me upside down to kiss the stone.  Or was it just me they
suspended upside down from the top of the castle?

Does it say whether that one person is good at darts?  :~)  Beating an
Irishman at darts is one of my goals on this trip.

> I went to ARMA International's website & looked up only the country on
> the "Member Search" page & came up with one (1) listing. You can go
> there or I can e-mail it to you if you'd like as I printed the screen.
> Steve Morgan

Steve send me the address and I will see if I can buy them a pint or is
it a liter?  Maybe the email I sent their group will turn up a group.

Jane Donoho is in Kilkenny but that might be a little bit of a run to
just meet a fellow Listserver unless she works in Dublin.  Although, if
she is the only one, that makes her the Queen of Records Management for
an entire country.  But I will keep the List up to date on my efforts
towards a *pub*lication on records management trends ( as Taina refers
to it) in the Emerald Isle.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134