Sender:
From:
Jason C Stearns/NYLIC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 15:19:20 -0400
Good day:

Is anyone aware of retention requirements for phone calls that are
recorded in a call center environment?   The only thing I can find is NASD
rule 3010, but we do not meet the requirements for this type of
supervision.

We currently have several call centers that record all incoming calls.
Each center has a different preference for how long they want to keep the
calls, but each is based on a business need (training, quality control,
etc.) not a specific legal or regulatory requirement.

I can think of many reasons not to keep the recordings beyond the business
needs (privacy concerns, storage limitations, discovery requests?) so I am
leaning towards keeping the recordings for as short of a period as
possible.   I just want to ensure I am not overlooking anything.

Thanks,

Jason C. Stearns
Assistant Vice President - Records Management
Business Resilience Department

New York Life Insurance Company
51 Madison Avenue - Room 1116
New York, NY 10010