Sender:
From:
Sharon Burnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2006 11:46:22 -0700
Can't resist chiming in on this thread since rock & roll is in my soul...

I was/am a huge fan of British bands that made up the original Invasion of
the mid-1960's. I was 10 years old in 1967 and my parents gave me a Lloyds
AM radio for my birthday. The month was March and the new songs were "I Can
See for Miles" by the Who and "There's a Kind of Hush" by Herman's Hermits.
American bands like The Five Americans had out "Western Union" and The
McCoys were singing "Hang on Sloppy."  Tommy James & the Shondells released
"Crimson & Clover" somewhere in that time period. And don't forget the
Turtles (Flo & Eddie). And the Buffalo Springfield (For What it's Worth).

Never much of a Mitch Ryder fan, but caught his show a few months back and
he is GOOD! Ray Davies (of Kinks fame) is someone else I saw recently and
he's great.

The Stones and the Who are touring right now (what is their retention
time??). I guess if you have never seen them and you have an opportunity
give them a try. I still like Ronnie Wood (great hair) & he is a heavy
influence on my own guitar playing.

Even though I don't color my hair orange anymore (much to Bob Dalton's
dissapointment), I do still listen to David Bowie (later in the timeline -
originally known as Davy Jones until the Monkees got started).

Lots of fun thinking about this. I still have all my records and a
functioning turntable...Speakerlab 6's.

All the best!
Rock on!
Sharon Burnett