Sender:
From:
Gerard Nicol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:07:11 -0400

>The risks are real. Cheap labor is cheap for a reason, regardless of the
>landmass on which is sits, and cheap labor is what offshore is all
>about. There is no free ride! The fuzzy stuff has real value too.
>Accountablity in delivery, personal initiative in problem

Heather,

We sell products and services into the US from offshore.

I hate to break it to you but we view US labor as cheep as our minimum wage
is many times that of the US.

We are proudly culturally different and bring new ideas and values to the
US market.

Conversely many of the services I consume and products I own come from the
US and I purchased them knowing they were the best on the market.

The only thing that seems to be "fuzzy" is the reasons for not considering
offshore options.

We have not seen even anecdotal evidence in this thread that privacy or
quality would suffer if data was processed offshore.

I can think of many reasons for keeping record management local but none of
them have to do with the failings of people offshore.

Gerard