Sender:
From:
"Cunningham, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 11:01:29 -0500
I think this is an idea worthy of looking at but given our present
structure probably not. I have noticed this being done in some medical
related organizations. This approach sees predominant in non-US
organizations. It would not be met with loud applause but isn't that why
we join ARMA? Isn't that a core of AIIM? Rather than a line on a resume,
could it not go after the name as a credential?

I suppose it is a matter of style rather than substance. Would it mean
we could require in an organization a certain level of
education/experience to join? That might be a problem in terms of
operations.

Maybe we could form an Academy of Records Managers to serve such a
purpose. Do we need it?

I too am curious as to everyone's feelings and observations.

Ray Cunningham (who always wants more letters after his name to insure I
will never be without work)