Sender:
From:
William LeFevre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2006 09:55:25 -0500
Dear ALL:

ARMA Detroit Chapter is pleased to announce that Bruce Miller will be
ginving a 1-day seminar, titled "Implementing Electronic
Recordkeeping Software - a Methodology for Success" at our November
15 meeting.

Please see below for meeting information.

William

William LeFevre, CA, CRM
President, ARMA Detroit Chapter

Date:
11/15/2006
Time:
8:00AM - 3:30PM
Speaker(s):
Bruce Miller, President of RIMtech Inc.
Topic:
"Implementing Electronic Recordkeeping Software - a Methodology for Success"
Topic Description:
Bruce Miller, winner of the Emmett Leahy Award and Ted Ferrier Award
of Excellence, will present on the 10 steps you should take to
implement e-records software and be successful in reaching your
goals, tasks and measurable outcomes based on past real-world
projects.
Speaker Bio:
Bruce Miller is the President of RIMtech Inc., a vendor-neutral e-
records consulting services firm. Mr. Miller is widely regarded as
the inventor of modern electronic recordkeeping software. He co-
founded Provenance Systems in 1989, where he pioneered "ForeMost",
the world's first commercial electronic recordkeeping software, now
owned by EMC/Documentum Corp. In 1997 he achieved the world's first
e-Records software certification against the US DoD 5015.2 standard,
and has since presided over several successful 5015.2
certifications. He founded Tarian Software in 1999, where he
developed the world's first e-Records software "engine" for business
software. That year he received ARMA Canada's National Capital
Region's Ted Ferrier Award of Excellence for his contribution to the
field of records management. Tarian was the first e-Records
technology in the world to be certified against the revised 5015.2
June 2002 standard. In November 2002 Tarian was acquired by IBM,
where Mr. Miller served for three years as IBM's e-Records Strategy
and Business Development Executive. Mr. Miller is the recipient of
the prestigious 2003 Emmett Leahy Award, considered the highest
international recognition given to professionals in the field of
information and records management. He is currently authoring a book
entitled "Implementing Electronic Recordkeeping Software - a
Methodology for Success", scheduled for publication in 2006. Mr.
Miller holds a Diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology, and a
Masters in Business Administration from Queen's University.
Workshop:
All attendees will leave with a CD of workshop material, as well as
a hard copy of Mr. Miller's presentation.

Member Cost:
$100.00
Non-member Cost:
$125.00
Designated Retirees/Student Meeting Fee:
$50.00
Walk-in Additional Fee:
$10.00
Payment Due By:
11/10/2006
No shows will be charged.

Menu Selection 1:
Breakfast (buffet) will be served.
Menu Selection 2:
Lunch (buffet) will be served.
Menu Selection 3:

Location:
Schoolcraft College's VisTaTech Center:  18600 Haggerty Road,
Livonia, Michigan 48152, Room #W210B. (Schoolcraft College is easily
accessible from I-275, M-14 and I-96.)
Directions:
Free parking is available in Schoolcraft College's North Parking
Lot, which is right in front of the VisTaTech Center, off of
Haggerty Road.
More Info:
Canned food drive/$5.00 off offer:  We are continuing our canned
food drive to benefit Gleaner's Community Food Bank of Southeastern
Michigan. Bring 5 canned food items and receive a coupon for $5.00
off our November, December or January ARMA Detroit Chapter meeting.
The canned food drive will wrap up with our December meeting.
--
William LeFevre, CA, CRM
Reference Archivist