Sender:
From:
Steve Petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 08:30:39 -0600
Peter,

I would add a couple of items to the list of must reads

1)  e-doc magazine from AIIM.  I'd also recommend that every RIM
professional become an AIIM member(at least limited) as I've learned so
much from the variety of offerings the organization provides.  I wish my
ARMA membership could provide the same.

2) the other is a series of leadership books by Patrick Lencioni.  The one
I just finished is titled "Silo's,Politics, and Turf Wars" and we all
should be able to recognize what's going on internally within our
companies if we hope to network and make a difference.  The other titles
are also to point and are quick reads(2-3 hours) that start with a fable
of an imaginary company/situation and then relates the key points at the
end.  You'll be amazed how quickly you can change the characters names to
people you know within your organization.

I'll respond in more depth to the original question later in the day after
my C-level meeting to ask to funding on our new watered down RIM project.

Steve Petersen CRM
Records Manager
Rockwell Collins Inc
319.295.5244