Sender:
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:22:21 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
On 11/27/06, Steven Whitaker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> How about...; ARMA putting these presentation materials & papers on a
> web site and people can link in and download them?

been there done that

http://www.arma.org/conference/2006/paperless/

was available well before the conference

> Makes more sense
> than recording them on thumb drives and manually distributing them.

and lets not forget that a CD was distributed at registration

and finally every attendee received a reusable flash drive with all
the content available on it albeit a bit late but delivered via the US
Mail.

so of those who attended the conference has NOT been able to get a
copy of the various presentations?

The only downside is that the presentations because of powerpoints
limitations are lacking in detail. what I would like to see is the
notes area of PowerPoint used more fully. That is have the speaker put
detail into the notes section and then print the notes view to pdf so
that I don't have to guess what was meant by skills, habits and
attitudes on slide. The note portion can be used to provide citations
to articles, webpages etc

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va