Sender:
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 2006 14:16:04 -0600
From:
"Allen, Doug" <[log in to unmask]>
Steve,

I'm not really all that interested in beginning a debate here..... and I
go to Conference for a number of reasons, including: Board of Directors
Meetings, networking, exhibiting and sessions. I stay pretty busy, so
...NO, I don't go ONLY to get the CD/Thumb drive.

However, I know that there is always an interest for those who cannot go
to obtain as much information as possible.  How much value they'd get
out of a thumb drive or CD is open to debate...and depends often on what
materials were provided by the speakers.  Certainly the greatest value
given would be in attending the sessions.

As for what is given away freely, versus sold, or limited in
availability, that's always open to discussion.  My personal preference
would be to ensure that those attending had an "edge" or received more
than those who did not.

I was very interested in the thought that we might sell CD's or Thumb
drives, though.... although if the content was lacking, we'd likely hear
and see lots of complaints!

Douglas P. Allen, CRM, CDIA+