Sender:
From:
Lorinda Kasten-Lowerre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 09:40:43 -0800
Hi,
This thread has clarified the topic for me.  I have reached the conclusion
that the creation of an enterprise-wide taxonomy thingy can be a huge
expense of time and money that adds complexity and another system that has
to be constantly maintained.  Or an organization can do only as much
classification and hierarchical ordering as necessary to make sense of
their records and records management workflows.

As Albert Einstein said, "Everything should be made as simple as possible,
but not simpler."

Lorinda Kasten-Lowerre
Records Management Analyst, Senior
American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Torrance, California, USA
Member - The Orange County Chapter of ARMA International
<Check out Orange County California ARMA's award-winning website at
ocarma.org
Diane Carlisle, CRM - "RM's own the rules; IT owns the tools".