Sender:
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 07:34:39 -0800
From:
Kathleen Fortenberry <[log in to unmask]>
I am researching retention requirements for scholarship records including rejected scholarship applications (many did not meet the initial requirements).  But I am also curious as to how long other organizations retain these types of records:

  applications - rejected, accepted (did not win the scholarship), awarded (won the scholarship) - the application files also include any documentation submitted with the application

  I am working with a private company which provides scholarships to high school students going on to college.  Applications are received from across the US.

  I am interested in what any organization does with these types of records (not just private companies).  I searched the archives and did not find anything and have looked at state retention schedules (those I could locate) but none of them address non-awarded scholarship records.

  I appreciate any assistance.  Please contact me off-line if you wish.  I will provide a summary of the responses to the list.

  Thanks,
  Kathleen Fortenberry, CRM
  Fortenberry & Associates, Inc.
  office:  303-617-3633
  cell:  720-272-0475
  email:  [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]