Sender:
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:34:13 -0500
From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
On 12/18/06, Charles Childress <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> I respect your opinion that you are willing to give up your privacy and
> freedom for security, but it is one that I do not share. I don't scare that
> easily.

I don't think it is a matter of how easily someone can be scared. I
remember crossing the East German border on a train in 1969, I
remember crossing through Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin

i remember my teachers talking about what it was like living under
both the Nazis and the Communists in Hungary. I remember their stories
of how they escaped from the Communists and how they couldn't return
to see family until they became US citizens.

I recognize that in a time of war (and if you think we aren't at war
well then) extraordinary measures must be taken to protect our
citizens and our freedom.

If folks on the left are so concerned about the NSA program and other
efforts then why aren't they complaining about faux security measures
at the airports? talk about ridiculous

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va