Sender:
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 10:15:02 -0800
From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
On 1/8/07, Allen, Doug <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> OK, it's NOT Friday, but I do like Chocolate Chip Cookies, but love
> Sugar Cookies more... so Peter, AFTER today (Peter's birthday), feel
> free to add Sugar Cookies to the Chocolate Chip selection. I'll pay the
> same amount as I do for the RAIN postings..... Promise!

And Peter, when you get home, bake this cake for your birthday.

The Best Rum Cake EVER

        2 Fifths of Rum                1 Cup Dried Fruit

        1 Cup Butter                    1 Tsp. Baking Soda

        1 Tbsp. Sugar                1/2 Cup Lemon Juice

        2 Large Eggs                1/4 Cup Brown Sugar

                1 Cup Finely Chopped Nuts

Before you start, sample the Rum to check for quality.  Good, isn't it??
Now, select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc.  Check the Rum again!!
It must be just right!!  To be sure the Rum is of the highest qualaity, pour
one level cup of Rum into a glass and drimk it as fast as you can.

Now, with an electric mixer, beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.
Add one seaspoon of thugar and beat again some more.  Meanwhile,  make sure
the Rum is still of the finest quality.  Open the second fifth, if
necessary.

Add the two large eggs, cup of fried druit and beat until high. If druit
gets stick in the booters, just pry it loose with a drewscriber.  Sample the
Rum again, chicking for tonscisticity.  Next, sift three cups of pepper or
salt (it doesn't really matter which).

Sample the Rum again.  Sift 1/2  pint of lemon juice.  Fold in chopped
butter and strained nuts.  Add one babblespoon of brown thugar or whatever
color you can find.  Wix mell.  Grease oven and turn cake pan 350 degrees.
Pour the whole mess into the boven and cake.  Rum the check one last time
and then bo to ged

--
Larry Medina
Danville, CA