Sender:
From:
"Cunningham, Ray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 09:19:17 -0600
Our printing statistics are in decline and I think it is because we are
training departments on the use of electronic records. Once they are
confident they can find it online they are less likely to print and
file.

There are dinosaurs that print but the cultural shift is being felt to
electronic records. We are attacking the largest paper users and making
the work process more efficient. Incoming paper will always be scanned
and that increases. Moving people to an electronic recordkeeping system
is challenging but ultimately it will pay off.

I noticed an increase as we began but once accounting was brought under
control we reached a peak in FY 2003 and a decline has begun. The number
of physical files stored is dropping fast as we phase out centrally
filed paper.

Now if I can just get them to give up those magazine subscriptions......

Raymond K. Cunningham, Jr. CRM, CA
Manager of Records Services
University of Illinois Foundation