Sender:
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:08:48 -0500
From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
<and are subsequently compromised in the point of view they present.>
I've tried to stay out of this argument for the simple reason that
Marion Sumerianlibrarian (of whatever gender) has, in the past, peppered
the list with non-records management related posts that strongly showed
political bias and no one criticized those actions.  Therefore he/she
should show the same courtesy to other list members.

Peter K, or anyone else on the list for that matter, has every right to
present his point of view about the records management topics being
discussed, as long as he (and others) exhibit good "netiquette."  That
is what a list serve is all about.  IF I don't want to read a post, I
delete it.  We all have that option.  If Peter only wants to share his
personal viewpoint, he can.  We all have that option. The fact that he
doesn't do so with the RAIN postings simply shows he is willing to use
HIS personal time to gather and present information of possible interest
to the list as a whole.  In fact RAIN postings do NOT show bias in the
selection of stories presented (for those who care - take a look back
through the list archives and you will see that often Peter included
stories showing both sides of an issue) and RAIN is a good example of
generic information being shared with the list members.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division